There will be an end of term music concert on 10th July, 2pm till 2.45pm at Ipswich Academy. Specific information to follow.
Amanda will be buried at a private, family only ceremony in the next few weeks. Before that, Paradigm Trust will compile all the messages of condolences that it has received and present them to her family.
We will also be organising events to remember Amanda and celebrate her life and achievements for the children and adults across all the schools. We will be able to update you further as these plans make progress.
As of Monday 5 June, there will be books of condolences in the school. It is also possible to send messages of condolences via email – email@example.com. All messages will be read and then collated to be passed back to Amanda’s family.
The directors of Paradigm Trust have decided that Bill Holledge will be in charge of Murrayfield Primary on an interim basis until further notice. Bill is an experienced primary headteacher with a strong track record of school improvement who has worked closely with Amanda for more than ten years. He has the full support of the Board. Bill will work closely with the existing senior team at Murrayfield, including experienced leaders from across Paradigm Trust.
The Board is very aware that there is a need for stability and consistency at Murrayfield and is working to ensure that this is delivered.
It is with tremendous sadness that I have to tell you that Amanda died yesterday. While on holiday in France earlier this week, Amanda suffered a fall incurring serious head injuries which proved fatal. I know I speak for us all when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family.
Amanda’s death is a dreadful tragedy. She led Paradigm Trust with enormous energy, tremendous skill and most of all an enduring passion to give every child an outstanding education.
She will be missed so much by everyone and we understand you will have questions – many of which we will not be able to answer yet. We are working on contingency plans and further news will be published in the Paradigm Trust website as it is available.
Please click here to access the letter, which has been sent home tonight.
Please click here to access the letter from Amanda.
A letter detailing the new timetable has been sent home with pupils. It can be accessed here.
- Y2 pupils will sit national tests in week commencing 15 May
- Y1 pupils will be tested on their phonic knowledge in week commencing 12 June
- Pupils in Y1,3,4,5 will be tested in week commencing 19 June
- Reports will be posted to parents/carers in week commencing 10 July. Parents/carers will be invited to make appointments to meet teachers, if they wish to do so, after they have received the reports
- Pre-term leadership team meeting: Friday 1 September 2017
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Monday 4 September 2017
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Tuesday 5 September 2017
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Wednesday 6 September 2017
- Term starts for pupils: Thursday 7 September 2017
- Half term holiday: Monday 23 October to Friday 27 October 2017
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Monday 30 October 2017
- Pupils return to school: Tuesday 31 October 2017
- First day of Christmas holiday: Wednesday 20 December 2017
- Term starts for pupils: Wednesday 3 January 2018 (NB Pupils are required to attend school on Wednesday 3 January 2018)
- Half term holiday: Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February 2018
- Pupils return to school: Monday 19 February 2018
- First day of Easter holiday: Friday 30 March 2018
- Term starts for pupils: Monday 16 April 2018
- Half term holiday: Monday 28 May to Friday 1 June 2018
- Pupils return to school: Monday 4 June 2018
- First day of summer holiday: Wednesday 25 July 2018
One further staff training day will be arranged. This date will be confirmed as soon as possible.
- Christmas Day – Monday 25 December 2017
- Boxing Day – Tuesday 26 December 2017
- New Year’s Day – Monday 1 January 2018
- Good Friday – Friday 30 March 2018
- Easter Monday – Monday 2 April 2018
- May Bank Holiday – Monday 7 May 2018
- Spring Bank Holiday – Monday 28 May 2018
- Summer Bank Holiday – Monday 27 August 2018